Thursday, March 5, 2009

Musicka - Aradhna

From time to time I'll post new music that I have discovered...or am currently listening to..

I don't know what it is about music that overcomes me but I often find myself enamored by one or two songs and listen to them over and over again. Music is often for me more of a spiritual and emotional thing than anything else. (Unless it's any genre of dance music - which is more of a shaking-my-booty thing!) Years later, if I hear a song or listen to an older CD, the emotions of the time-period within which I listened to that song often washes over me afresh. It's amazing how the human mind associates memories with sensory experiences tied to sound, smell, sight etc. 

Currently listening to Aradhna's Amrit Vani. This group blends music from the east and west to create beautiful Indian bhajans (devotional songs). I grew up listening to bhajans played by my grandmother and mother in the morning as they prepared for the day ahead. This along with the fact that Aradhna so eloquently sing those bhajans to my Lord and captures exactly what I want to say, has me enamored. Captivated by so many songs on their albums. Particularly Man Mera perfectly describes the state of my mind right now.

Check out the lyrics and listen along..

No comments:

Post a Comment