Saturday, June 19, 2010

Food talk: Tabaq

Credit:Molly V. Strzelecki, Special to Metromix

I love being outdoors. Being cooped up all week indoors, I look for opportunities to be outside as much as I can. (Don't ask me how much outside-time I spend when it is 105 degrees, like it has been this past few weeks in DC!!)

Anyways, Tabaq is a beautiful outdoors roof-top terrace restaurant on the U-street corridor of Washington, DC. I wish more restaurants would do this! Great views of the neighborhoods and monuments in Washington, DC.

I've been four times and haven't been disappointed. First time for a friend's birthday party - good music, good drinks, great service. The subsequent times, I met people for happy hour and also have had dinner once. I'm partial to Mediterranean cuisine, and have to say that what I've ordered thus far has been good. I will admit that the I will admit that it is a little on the pricey side - but then I suppose DC is an expensive city. It's definitely on my list of favorite roof-top places to eat at.


No comments:

Post a Comment