Monday, April 19, 2010

Food talk: Busboys and Poets

A name like Busboys and Poets is bound to get a double-take. At least, it did for me. I walked past this snazzy establishment one fine Tues evening. Later that week, my housemate tells me that it should be on my ‘Things-to-do-in-DC list’. So today, I set out to scratch that off my list. Mission: to take my friend K visiting from Beantown to a fine DC establishment in an effort to show him what stuff DC is made of (and in the process – discover DC for myself! Ha!)

So..much has been written about this place (dang, if there’s a
Wiki page to something, no need to reinvent the wheel, ya know?) so I won’t go into the humdrum of what this is. I’ll simply give my own impressions and hope that I win over more business for this place. (Not that it needs it..it seems to have enough word-of-mouth advertisement going on!)

I got the Grilled Brie Panini with spinach, caramelized onions and tomatoes on ciabatta bread. K got a burger with gorgonzola cheese, and the regular stuff that goes on a burger. I liked my food. What I loved better was the burger that my friend got! YUMMY – I never knew gorgonzola and moo (aka beef) went SO well together! This is definitely one that I'm going to try creating at home! (Thank the good Lord for sunny weather and backyard bbqs!)

What I loved the best though was the ambience of the place – the resto is a coffee-house-lounge-bookstore-restaurant. People come here to work on their laptops (yay! free wifi!), drink coffee, enjoy some libations after work, check out their books, listen to poetry being read or simply come out to eat. Definitely an interesting place! Would love to go again, if only to simply read on their comfy couches and people-watch! ha! Check it out if you’re in DC. :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! You couldve put my full name (along with my twitter acct)... and you didnt mention the Geocaching. :-)

    ReplyDelete