Monday, August 17, 2009

Musicka - Cheb Mami

I don't know what it is about Arabic music. Perhaps it is the throaty sounds that sound so elegant to me. Perhaps it is reminiscing of the Arab culture and music that I grew up listening to in Mombasa, Kenya.

Either way, I'm always on the look-out for new artists to add to my collection. Some of my favorites - Amr Diab (Egypt), Mohamed Lamine (Algeria), Wael Kfoury (Lebanon) and now Cheb Mami.

From the guy who brought us Desert Storm by Sting. Here's another number that simply makes me want to go learn belly-dancing! :)

1 comment:

  1. oh yeah! Cheb Mami is great! If you can find his "meli, meli" album (it's hard to find in the u.s.). a friend lent that one to me and I really liked it:

    Le Rai C'est Chic!

    Felipe (phillip L.)

    ReplyDelete